I am breaking my New Year’s resolution to avoid political posts. FBI surveillance van # 157 is messing with my internet connection again. So I thought I’d give them a hand. I wasn’t part of the riots in DC nor do I know anyone who was there. But for those that know more than I do here is the link to the FBI online tip form:
I was in Germany during the last contested election when Kerry conceded to Bush. My hosts informed me that the USA had just suffered from a fascist coup. I agreed, but held out hope. I told them that everything they hated about the ‘Ugly American’ was exactly why we would never become a fascist power. Now, Ugly American are busy demonstrating that they are really are fat, lazy, ignorant, self-indulgent and flat out idiotic.
My title is borrowed from Shakespeare although I am not generally a fan. He depicts the narcissistic drama of European monarchy so well it is distressing to contemplate. Shakespearean institutionalized murderous melodrama is what the rationalists of the Enlightenment and the founders of this nation sought to overcome by instituting a more rational form of government.
But here we are, centuries later, with a Shakespearean tale told by idiots unfolding, making the USA the laughingstock of the international stage.
- Qanon Jake still lives with his mom, so he was free to dress for the occasion with cow horns, bearskins and facepaint.
- Adam Johnson’s pillaging included the Speaker of the House’s stand
- And ‘Onion’ Elizabeth feels entitled to a personally catered revolution that doesn’t mess up her mascara,
But a few of their equally idiotic fellow rioters fared much worse. Just because people behave idiotically doesn’t mean they are not dangerous.
- Rosanne Boyland carried a “Don’t Tread On Me’ flag to the riot, only to be trampled to death by her fellow rioters
- Benjamin Phillips founded the website Trumparoo and organized a bus ride from Pennsylvania to DC. Apparently one of his goals was to sell Trump-themed memorabilia but he died instead.
- Keevin Greeson apparently died of a heart attack. It is rumored that he tasered himself to death with his own weapon while attempting to steal a painting of Tip O’Neil.
- Ashli Babitt had a history of seriously confrontational behavior that included restraining orders. She was shot while trying to climb through a broken window in a barricaded door inside the building where police were protecting members of Congress from the rioters.
And elected representatives who had just taken their oaths of office are so idiotic they fail to realize that encouraging violent insurrection is breaking the oaths they just took.
- Rep Derrick Evan’s posted encouragement to fellow rioters to ‘storm that building’
- Rep. Lauren Bobert live-tweeted nacy pelosi’s location to rioters equipped with zip-ties to immoblize hostages
- And I cant bring myself to list the other 120-plus idiots who broke their oaths of office as soon as they took them.
Sometimes I really hate being proven right. But there is a little comfort in realizing I am not alone in my distress.
In the interests of correct attribution, here is the source for the actual idiots on stage quote from Shakespeare. After Lady Macbeth, who masterminded the murders and sedition of the tale has just died, her husband Macbeth the usurper declares:
She should have died hereafter.
There would have been a time for such a word.
Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day
To the last syllable of recorded time.
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle.
Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,